Sunday, August 27, 2006

Making smudge sticks


Today we went to the flea market and found an awesome little shop full of dried herbs, plants, incense and burners. Brandon got a smudge stick made of sage. We came home and made a couple with cedar. They were a bit hard to roll until we used a sushi mat and it took two of us to tie them up. I imagine that it gets easier the more you do it. From what I've read, cedar is used for protection and clearing negative energy. Sage is for healing. Brandon tried the sage and I went outside to take this picture. When I came back in, the house smelled like a forest fire. I think we'll try some sweetgrass, I've heard that it has a kinda vanilla smell.

In the car on the way home the subject of moving came up again. We finally decided that we want to look for a fixer upper in Tennessee and another in Ohio. Finally, a solution that satisfies everyone and the kick in the butt that I needed to get things done.

Ren has an interview on her blog with Ami McKay, the author of The Birth House. Go check it out. The book sounds quite interesting.

No comments: