Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I can blog again! The past two months have been a whirlwind leaving me no time to do much of anything. Working retail for the season right up to Christmas Eve and then having four of my grandchildren from the day after Christmas until Saturday was exhausting! Especially since I caught a serious cold or a flu bug the second day that they were here. I have much respect for you moms who have children a year apart. What were you thinking? Just kidding and I love them dearly, but man, I think my hair is a bit more gray then before they were here.

2007 seems to be starting out good, I woke up this morning after having slept the entire night and I could breathe! Without opening my mouth! Then I remembered that I hadn't made it to the store to get sauerkraut. I can't possibly miss a New Years day without sauerkraut. Luckily I found a store open and things were much better.

Tori got a whittling kit and a ton of duct tape and Brandon got a woodcarving set for Christmas so it looks like we'll be trying some new crafts this month. Everybodys computers got updated with new, powerful and colorful graphic cards, power supplies and RAM so there will be some serious game playing going on. Aaron can now play Oblivion with all of the settings on high and it runs smooth.

Dance Dance Revolution was a hit with everyone Christmas Day, it's fun and exhausting but the all time winner was the new Nintendo Wii. Unlike other gaming systems, this one is interactive and you actualy have to get up and get physical. I caught Brandon fishing on Zelda. Pretty funny watching him without seeing the screen. I hadn't figured out that you need a LOT of light to video tape with my camera so these two are kinda dark but you get the picture.

Brandon fishing on the Wii



Brandon and Cody playing Dance Dance Revolution



We don't make resolutions here, there's always some goal we're trying to attain. I'm sure that 2007 will not be any different. Happy New Year!

No comments: