Friday, April 25, 2008

ECUA OK's recycling

Can you believe it??? Am I still in Pensacola? That was the headline in the paper and I think I'm awake.

"A voluntary curbside recycling program that also provides twice-a-week household trash collection was unanimously approved Thursday by the Emerald Coast Utilities Authority."

We drive ours right now to the drop off site and it's rarely full so I have to wonder how many people will take them up on this. There are already arguments in the comment sections of the newspaper. Figures. The bad thing is it doesn't include the city of Pensacola yet, just county residents but hey, it's a start, and I'm in the county so where do I get my new can? I'll actually have my office back...no big bins full of recycle sitting in there. Yay!

Check it out .

No comments: